Monday, May 31, 2010

Jason's 3rd Birthday



Birthdays in our house seem to go on and on. We do a family event on the day and a friend party on a weekend close to the event. This year was no exception. We had a small cookout with my parents, Susan, Aunt Rosie and Uncle Roy. Maw Maw and Paw Paw couldn't come since they were sick and we missed them terribly but they came the next weekend and kept the festivities going. We also had to celebrate early with the Zanchelli clan since they made plans to be away for his birthday.

My mother and I made homemade cakes and my Dad decorated them all with amazing artistic ability I never knew he had. It was easier than I thought with the cool forms she borrowed from a friend. For fun activities, we set up a little pool and the kids had a blast splashing and running wild. All Jason had asked for were green race cars and Legos and Aunt Jean took the cake with the best green race car of the day! Mom and Dad got him and Ethan some retro Big Wheels like what we had when we were kids.

Some of my favorite moments were watching him open presents. He shared each one with Ethan and said it was more fun to open them together. They also had a huge amount of fun with the cards...especially the ones that sang. They were perfecting their dance moves all morning. Of course Jason needed little persuasion to blow out his candles....as soon as we got to the last sentence of the song he was blowing. And telling us how old he will be next year.

Roy actually predicted that I am having a girl. We will stay tuned on that one but I am still thinking boy. Everything feels the same as my other pregnancies except for all the pimples. Now the boys agree with Roy and had already been telling everyone that Mommy has a baby sister in her tummy. Jason already wants it to come out. Imagine how impatient he will be by October!

To finish the day we played the new Monkey Ball game on the Wii. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. The three main men in my life spent their evening pumping their arms up and down to get hot air balloons over the birds that might pop them. The kids loved it and Susan, my parents and I just couldn't get over it. I loved the bob sled runs myself but I am also a bit of a child at heart.

No comments: